Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Work Out: The Wave

My mom has at least twenty different workout DVDs, so a great part of coming to Santa Fe is that I get to test them all! Perusing through her collection, I was intrigued by this contraption called "The Wave."
A device from the Columbia, SC based fitness company The Firm, the Wave promises fast results using their core-strengthening device. Like most people, I'm all about instant gratification, so I set up for the thirty minute express workout.

As a person that enjoys frequent workouts, I was a little surprised to be challenged. Yes, some of the steps were a little tricky, but nothing that doing the video a few times couldn't cure. If you can decipher the super Southern accents (which just remind me of home!) and giggle through the Stepford-like smiles of the instructors, it's actually a great workout. The best part? I felt the post-workout burn throughout the day yesterday, and woke up with little to no soreness. All the better to do it again!

For more info, check out The Firm's website: http://www.firmdirect.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment