Wednesday, April 21, 2010

LA Workout: Body by JD

Over the past couple of years, I’ve had a few different model and actress friends drive from LA to Alhambra a couple of days at week to work out at body by JD. I always just chalked their dedication up to lunacy, but when another friend swore he helped her lose baby weight while eating what she wanted, I had to try it for myself!NM 2010 001
Monday I went in to check it out. After fifteen minutes of sitting in my car paralyzed by fear, I mustered up the courage to go inside. During the workout, I came close to passing out twice. I got through by pretending to be a contestant on The Biggest Loser (whatever works, right?). After lunges, squats, kicks, bicycle crunches, jump rope, and throwing a medicine ball (which I’ve always managed to avoid for obvious reasons), I felt exhausted but shockingly great.
NM 2010 004
Fast forward: 6 AM Tuesday- I can’t sleep anymore because every time I move, the pain jolts me awake. Luckily, I was partaking in a road trip the entire day, so moving wasn’t really on the agenda. Wednesday- the pain is still here. It hurts to sit down. Yes, the chair is too hard for my tender legs. No wonder this workout gets such great results!
NM 2010 005
The Verdict: I can’t wait to go back! This program gets results. He doesn’t baby you, but who really cares when you’ve got that killer endorphin rush? My abs look great, and I can only imagine what regular workouts with JD would do for my butt.
From Top: Entrance, The Studio, Some of JD’s clients showing off their results.
Body By JD, 718 S. Date St, Alhambra, CA
(626) 283- 2341
(626) 319- 7050 

No comments:

Post a Comment