Sunday, November 14, 2010

I haven't had much of a personal life lately...

Because I've been taking a totally intense acting class at Lesly Kahn & Co. It's been life-changing. And I'm not just talking about the two hour a day rehearsal schedule that's required of all students. The Kahn-stitute teaches a non-method method for actors, telling them to "dare to suck" and it completely changes the way you approach a script.
I started out taking a "greatest hits of method acting" class for review (I hadn't been in acting class since I moved to San Fran), then moved on to the Comedy Intensive. No, it's not a cult, but, yes, there are devotees all over town. Hey, I met a friend of a friend in a club and had a total bonding experience talking, no, gushing, over our time in class. It's like a family, a supportive, smart, funny, no-bullshit family that expects you to work. And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment