Thursday, July 5, 2012

Low Carb Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies?


I found the recipe on Pinterest (which is the best time waster, ever, period.)

The original recipe called for equal parts sugar and peanut butter, mixed with a little baking soda and an egg. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Simple and low carb? Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

So I thought, "Splenda will make the cookies even less sinful!"
Then, "flax seed peanut butter will make them downright healthy!"
Well, that's what I get for thinking. I mean, they were alright.

It was my first time baking with Splenda, and I found the aftertaste off-putting. The flax wasn't so bad, but it kind of added a smokey flavor one wouldn't expect in a pb cookie. Maybe choosing one or the other modification would have been a better idea.
Don't get me wrong, they were decent (and pretty much guilt free: major bonus) and they definitely looked like regular peanut butter cookies.

Ultimately, though, if you're going to have a cookie, I think you should just go ahead and have the real deal and enjoy every last bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment