Wednesday, August 4, 2010

O-Gelato: Santa Fe

Anyone that knows me knows I'd rather eat gelato (OK- ice cream, milkshakes, Popsicles) than a meal. Today, I stopped by O-gelato in the De Vargas Mall in Santa Fe.

I got off to a bad start- as I was sampling a flavor, some girl cut in front of me in line with her party of four, and the kid working there quickly hopped over to them. So I left and went to the fab card shop next door.
When I came back in, I sampled the rosemary olive oil flavor... it was delicious. Honestly, the essence of this flavor is pure Bay Area, and took me back to my time in Berkeley.

The kid working behind the counter wasn't entirely nice, and a bit pompous when I asked any questions (like, what is the difference between the two chocolate flavors in the case), but the product is quality. Finally, I settled on a double scoop with the raspberry with chocolate chunks and the dark chocolate. It was huge- great to split, I couldn't even come close to finishing it.
It felt a bit odd to be ordering in English, and I was disappointed that they didn't have fragola or pistacchio, but it's definitely worth a try.
Enormous Serving of Chocolate and Raspberry 

No comments:

Post a Comment