Thursday, July 22, 2010

Santa Fe Capitol Grill: Disappointing

Last week, I headed over to Santa Fe’s Capitol Grill for some drinks and a salad. Usually, I really enjoy the cocktails and a roasted chicken salad, but I have to say that they’ve lost a loyal customer for good. The trio of margaritas at the beginning of the meal were a success- some sweeter, and some more salty. But when I ordered the “B Salad” (beet salad) with grilled salmon, no butter, the waitress thought I said extra butter. Now, this normally wouldn’t be a problem- I just asked for some salmon without butter and the runner was on his way to fix it (yes, I loathe sending back food, but, come on!) I just went on my merry way sipping margaritas, and heard the chef say (yeah, we were sitting right by the kitchen) “Oh, yeah, I did put extra butter on it- there will be a new one in a minute.” Then, the manager comes to the table, greasy, glistening fish in hand and says, “I asked the chef, and he said he didn’t put any extra butter on this fish, it was the runner’s mistake. Here’s your salad."

Um, Hello? I guess this mental giant didn’t realize we could hear the conversations in the kitchen. Yes, I insisted on new salmon, but the experience was so ruined that I couldn’t eat the two measly strips that came in the end.

So, if you don’t mind being lied to by the management, go to Capitol Grill. But, if you want to go to a place that operates with integrity- I suggest totally avoiding the joint.

Santa Fe 2010 029

Capitol Grill, 3462 Zafarano, Santa Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment