Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Food: The Perfect Snack

My roommate has recently started calling me Cannoli. Cute as it may be, I don't think it's the best nickname for a model. I'm not saying it's not deserved. Admittedly, I've been pointing out cannolis in every shop window we pass and insisted that trying one in Venice for comparison was extremely important.
On the lookout for a new treat, I started thinking about healthy snacks. Healthy and convenient snacks- the stuff you can throw in your bag and take to castings (or school). I know crunchy snacks aren't good for class (hello, evil looks from classmates!), so I've made a couple of notes for the students out there.
After asking some other models what they like to snack on, I realized it's a pretty uniform selection.

Here is a list of what I like to eat on the run. Enjoy!

1. Bags of nuts: I like almonds, but Planter’s has bags of mixed nuts.
2. Raisins or dried cranberries (watch out for added sugar)
3. Sliced fruit: apples, pears (I like to slice them so they are easier to eat on the run, and the slices aren‘t as loud to eat in class)
4. Celery with almond butter (keeps you full, gives a crunch, but if you're at school, substitute the celery for a slice of whole wheat bread)
5. Cereal bars (Special K has great options)
6. DIY Trail Mix: just throw some cereal, a couple of chocolate chips, nuts, and dried fruit into a zip-lock, and you’re good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment